“One simply cannot expect to recover from chronic Lyme disease without addressing metal toxicity” – Dr. Donald Liebell of Virginia Beach, Virginia.
When a highly toxic, acidic (low pH) body is infected with the Lyme bacteria, it cannot rid itself of the disease. Borrelia burgdorferi thrives in a toxic, acidic environment, adding further to the acidity by producing lactic acid to survive.
Reducing acidity, toxicity, and heavy metals achieve an alkalinity (high pH) which is hostile to the bacteria’s growth and ability to thrive.
Give your body the power to combat Lyme disease with these 5 steps:
- Decrease your toxic load – reducing acidity and heavy metals is the fastest way to improve your pH. At Platinum Energy Systems, we have seen remarkable improvements for those with Lyme disease, after their levels of acidity and heavy metals had been reduced.
2. Maintain an alkaline pH – all chemical, digestive, and metabolic actions in the body need an alkaline pH. Consuming acid-forming foods and substances work against our efforts to get well. We need to eat and drink those things that raise our pH score, especially greens, alkaline minerals, and fiber rich foods.
3. Drink more purified water – water is necessary for getting nutrients into our cells, and flushing toxins and metabolic waste out of our systems. Drinking lots of water is essential for your immune and lymphatic systems to function properly.
4. Boost your immune system – our primary defence, the immune system, is made up of a network of cells, tissues, and organs that work together to protect the body. When working well, it attacks organisms and substances that cause disease. Probiotics, supplements, foods, minerals, and iodine all increase our immune systems’ response and strength.
5. Increase physical exercise – the lymphatic system collects and filters out waste products, bacteria, and damaged cells by moving fluid throughout the body. It contains three times more fluid than the blood’s circulation system, but, unlike blood, does not have a pump. So how does the lymph fluid circulate? Regular exercise and deep breathing are activities most essential to enable the lymphatic system to function effectively.
Be your own recovery agent
Take charge of your health by being positive and proactive. Follow these 5 steps, turn your illness into wellness, and help your body heal and rebalance itself. Listen to your body and tap into how you really feel in order to track your progress.
You can make the difference between wellness and illness by what you think, eat, do, and feel. The better you feel, the more energy you will have. Your body is your health expert – become its best ally.
For more information and background about Lyme disease, see our earlier blog “Lyme disease- it’s official.”